Performance-based Hiring℠ for Managers Onsite Workshop
Performance-based Hiring Training for Managers is much more than interview training. It's about hiring top talent. The right way. Every time.
"Lou Adler's Hiring Training for Managers has been essential for Valero in improving the interviewing skills of managers. Our managers have embraced the principles taught by Lou and the end result is higher quality candidates being hired."
-D.H., Valero Energy
Hire More Top Performers with Performance-based Hiring Training for Managers
Hiring the best is a team sport.
Recruiters believe that more than 65% of the problems associated with hiring top people are directly attributed to the hiring manager. Hiring managers believe that recruiters don't understand real job needs and send them too many unqualified candidates. Both groups are right. Lack of understanding of real job needs, combined with too many techniques to interview and recruit top performers, prevent companies from hiring the best. Our Performance-based Hiring training course for managers is the solution. Hiring managers and recruiters must be on the same team playing by the same rules to win in today's competitive hunt for top talent.
This course includes advanced fundamentals that hiring managers need to hire top talent. It's available as an on-site training program or a live online workshop, taught by Adler Group master trainers, in full and half day versions.
This course will get hiring managers, recruiters, and every member of the interviewing team up-to-speed on how to interview and recruit top talent. It starts by understanding real job needs. Creating a Performance Profile that describes the key performance objectives of the position is the critical missing piece in most hiring programs. This gets recruiters and the hiring team on the same page. A Performance Profile is how you attract the best and assess their motivation to excel, based on evidence. It only takes two core questions to accurately assess any candidate for any job, from entry-level to senior executive. Then you'll get proven techniques to close more offers based on opportunity, not compensation.
Our Performance-based Hiring for Managers course is based on Lou Adler's Amazon best-seller, Hire With Your Head (John Wiley and Sons, 2007). We've trained over 25,000 managers from start-ups to the Fortune 100. The favorable reaction is always greater than 90%, and user adoption is at least 2-3 times any competing program. This is one program managers need to attend for simple, yet advanced hiring skills. Recruiters and hiring mangers are welcome to learn and win together in the public on-line version. Private training is tailored to the needs of the company.
What You'll Learn
- Save Time - See FEWER candidates
- Interview STRONGER candidates
- CLOSE more offers based on opportunity, not compensation
- Minimize COUNTER-offers
- Improve JOB PERFORMANCE from day one
- Reduce TURNOVER
- Increase JOB SATISFACTION
What You'll Receive
In addition to a copy of The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired, all attendees receive a comprehensive workshop handout, a copy of our Performance-based Interview guide, our laminated, pocket-sized Performance-based Hiring Hot Tips cards, access to the Win-Win Hiring Learning System our new Performance-based Hiring Self-paced Learning System.
If you want to start hiring more top people tomorrow, this is the one course that all line managers should take today.
The onsite course is available in Half-day or Full-day, in-person training.
The online course is instructor led and consists of three, two-hour modules representing the new standard for delivering high-quality state-of-the-art management training. The course is interactive, fast-paced, and impactful. Here are the hot topics covered in each course:
- Why you need to hire top performers, not top candidates. Top candidates look sharp, sound sharp, and make great presentations. Unfortunately, presentation doesn't predict performance. Complicating matters further, top performers don't look for new jobs nor accept offers using the same decision criteria as top candidates. Understanding and managing the differences is the first step in hiring more top people.
- Understanding the real job. Top people want better jobs and better careers. Converting traditional job descriptions into compelling career opportunities is the first step in attracting and assessing top performers.
- The Performance-based Interview. Interviewing is easy when everyone on the hiring team understands real job needs. It's even easier using our famous two-question behavioral interview. This plus our Quality of Hire Talent Scorecard is all it takes to accurately assess job fit and motivation.
- Recruiting and closing. Too many managers think recruiting is selling. It's not. It's about using the performance profile and the interview to demonstrate job growth and career opportunity. Learning how to position the job is the key to attracting and closing the best people without paying unnecessary salary premiums.
All course attendees receive a comprehensive workshop handout, a copy of our Performance-based Evaluation Interview, sample performance profiles, and our pocket-sized Performance-based Hiring Hot Tips card.
This is the course that all line managers should take before they interview another candidate.
Lou Adler is the CEO and founder of The Adler Group – a training and search firm helping companies implement Performance-based Hiring℠. Adler is the author of the Amazon top-10 best-seller, Hire With Your Head (John Wiley & Sons, 3rdEdition, 2007). His most recent book has just been published, The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired (Workbench, 2013). He is also the author of the award-winning Nightingale-Conant audio program, Talent Rules! Using Performance-based Hiring to Hire Top Talent (2007). Adler is a noted recruiting industry expert, international speaker, and columnist for a number of major recruiting and HR organization sites including SHRM, HRPA, SMA, ERE, LinkedIn, and HR.com.
Bryan Johanson is the COO of the Adler Group, a consulting and training company specializing in hiring process reengineering. He has been consulting and training for the last 8 years with companies as diverse as Mellon Bank, Royal Canadian Bank, Kinecta Federal Credit Union, Arby’s Restaurants, Panda Restaurant Group, REI, and the YMCA of the USA. His previous career includes over 15 years experience in management, the majority of which has been in high technology sales and marketing. His leadership experience in start-up companies and Fortune 500 companies has provided him with a unique perspective on the issues of hiring top talent.
Prior to The Adler Group, Mr. Johanson has held positions including Executive Vice President of POWER Hiring, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Enfish Technology, Director of Channel Programs and Services for Novell Inc., and Director of Channel Programs and Strategies for WordPerfect Corporation.
Bryan is the father of eight children and lives and works in Parker, CO.