Lou Adler’s, The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired
Absolutely giddy! My copy of The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired by Lou Adler was just delivered! Putting my phone on “Do Not Disturb” for the morning… (excerpt from LinkedIn.com)
Megan Huffnagle, SPHR
When Lou told me he was writing a book that would be equally relevant for talent acquisition professionals, hiring managers, senior executives and job seekers alike, I was mildly skeptical. It’s hard to be all things to all people, and yet somehow Lou manages it with eloquence…(excerpt from Amazon.com)
I’ve had the pleasure of reading Lou’s latest book, The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired, and absolutely loved it…This is an entertaining, informative, data driven book that convinces recruiters and hiring managers that the way most of them hire is wrong and how to correct their process AND it provides to the job seeker a fascinating behind-the-scenes peak at that process…(excerpt from Amazon.com)
Lou’s latest undercover investigation on how to avoid the pitfalls of hiring the wrong person or taking the wrong job is now available on Amazon as an eBook, hard-copy printed book or audio book.
Lou’s recent book, Hire With Your Head, was an Amazon.com bestseller, #3 on their top 10 list. But Hire With Your Head was just an opening gambit. In The Essential Guide for Hiring & Getting Hired, Lou covers all the bases from the perspective of the hiring manager, the interviewing team, the recruiter, and the candidate. This 360° view of the hiring process will shake everyone up. If you’re a candidate, you’ll find out what you need to do to weave through the corporate bureaucratic maze and finally get noticed. If you’re on the hiring team, you’ll discover what you need to do to pierce the veil of superficiality and find out if your candidate has all the right stuff.
It’s time for everyone to stop howling. Here’s a look at what’s covered and why you’ll stop:
- Why you must convert jobs into careers to increase new-hire job satisfaction and OTJ performance.
- How to ask and answer every important interview question and the dumb ones, too.
- Why you should never apply through HR, and the only reason why you should.
- How candidates can make sure interviewers ask the right questions.
- Why 30-minute serial interviews will prevent you from ever hiring the right person.
- Why you want to be underpaid.
- Collecting the necessary information to properly use the candidate hiring-decision matrix.
This will be the best “less than $10 investment” you’ll ever make, whether you’re hiring or being hired.